Goals of the ministry:
- Providing food, hygiene items, clothing and blankets at regular intervals to the homeless we meet
- Providing for the spiritual needs of the homeless, including:
- Sharing the gospel
- Spiritual conversations and encouragement
- Prayer with and for them
- Building trusting relationships with the homeless, as we get to know them personally over time
- Providing options for recovery, including:
- Bay Area Rescue Mission programs
- Informing about existing housing and support programs in Contra Costa County
- Attending and becoming involved at NorthCreek Church and an appropriate LifeStage group
Serve with the Outreach Team
9:00am-12:00pm | 3rd Saturday of each month | Starting and ending in Concord
Join our regular outreach teams to meet with the homeless in Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Concord and Martinez.
You are welcome to join whether you're branch new to this form of outreach or have experience elsewhere.
What do we do?
- We provide food, clothing and hygiene items, pray for and get to know those we meet, and understand their situations.
- We look for and create opportunities to share the gospel with them, and disciple those who claim to be believers.
- We always aim to pray with those we meet, often sharing the gospel in the course of our prayers.
- We go out in teams of 3 or 4. Currently this is only open to guys due to safety concerns.
- We start and end our times together in the Weiss house in Concord. Please contact Toby or Rebekah Weiss for more information (or see the ncctable.org: 'NCC Homeless Ministry' group)