College and Career Singles
Innerchange (ages 18-34)
Impact | Thursdays | NCC Courtyard | Check in at 7:15 PM
Kaleo | Fridays | NCC Courtyard | Check in at 7:15 PM
Innerchange | Postponed until further notice.
This Sunday school class comprises two Bible Studies: a college group called Impact (ages 18-24) and a career group Kaleo (ages 24-34). Our purpose is to guide young singles to wholeheartedly follow Christ, biblically equip them to be passionate disciplers, and send them out into the world to be difference-makers for Christ.
Lighthouse (ages 30s-40s)
Lighthouse | Fridays | 7:00 PM | Walnut Creek
This class meets the first and third Friday evening of each month for Bible study. This meeting time enables career singles to have an opportunity to worship and serve at church Sunday mornings.
For more information about Innerchange or Lighthouse, please contact Lorraine Welker.
Theology of Ministry
1. High View of God- God is great (Nehemiah 1:5). No thought or reality can compare with God (Psalm 40:5). He alone is worthy of glory and our exclusive worship (Isaiah 42:8, 48:11).
2. High View of Scripture- The Bible contains the very words of God (2 Timothy 3:16). They are sufficient to provide all one needs for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3).
3. Low View of Man- All men are depraved (Romans 3:10-12) and have fallen short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23). Apart from the grace of God, man is hopeless to save himself (Ephesians 2:2:8-9; Titus 3:5-7).
4. High View of the Church- Jesus Christ gave His life to establish the church, the body of Christ (1 Peter 1:17-19). We as believers are called to be committed and learn how to minister to one another (Hebrews 10:24-25).
5. High View of the Gospel- The gospel is the good news of how man can be righteous before God and spend eternity with Him (Romans 1:16-17). We must embrace the gospel (Romans 10:9-10), cherish it every day (1 Peter 2:24), and boldly proclaim this truth to a lost and dying world (2 Corinthians 5:21-22).
Values of Ministry
1. Dependence - Proverbs 3:5-7 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil."
2. Teachability - Proverbs 12:15 "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."
3. Commitment - Hebrews 10:24 "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
4. Submission - Hebrews 13:17 "Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you."
5. Fellowship - Proverbs 18:1 "Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment."
6. Ministry - John 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."